This is a list of scripts and Optware packages I am currently running on my Asus RT-AC68U router:
- nano – pico like text editor (ipkg install nano)
vim – text editor (ipkg install vim); nano is easier to use
- htop – an interactive process viewer (ipkg install htop)
atop – a better top with history monitoring (ipkg install atop); htop works better and offers more information
- mc – Midnight Commander File Manager (ipkg install mc)
- transmission – Lightweight BitTorrent client and daemon, with web interface bundled (How to install transmission for Optware on Asus RT-AC68U router)
These scripts and Optware packages I am planning to install:
- Adblocking script
- P2Partisan mass IP blocking script
Ipkg-web utilitytoo much of a mess to set it up. It will break more then it will fix. Syslog-ng utility (+ libol support library) + logrotate; cannot be used with RT-AC68U, as the default syslogd cannot be deactivated. metalog – Modern, highly configurable syslogd replacement; cannot be used with RT-AC68U, as the default syslogd cannot be deactivated.
A list of all Optware packages, sources and dependencies (not all of them are useful or compatible with RT-AC68U).